Hocking Hills

Hocking Hills, Ohio

This weekend I had the chance to hang out with some old (and new) friends in southern Ohio as we hiked through beautiful caves and trails.  I filled my lungs with fresh air and my stomach with delicious, home-cooked food.  I also spent a few hours in the Hocking Hill Community Hospital/Urgent Care center getting a head CT after slipping on some ice and hitting my head on a rock towards the end of our hike.  Nothing like adding a little excitement to an otherwise relaxing weekend.  

My last post indicated that I wanted and needed space to move and breathe and process.  I did all of those things, and so much more.  I had good conversation with friends about different things going on in our lives, and I had time to be thankful for God's beauty in creation.  I had time to rest in His promises that He would provide all that I needed in a season that feels out of control, and I relished in opportunities to hold my husband's hand and enjoy being outdoors with him, witnessing so much beauty.  

We're back home now, tucked into bed with hot tea and stacks of homework, and I'm thankful for the time we were able to spend away from home this weekend.  Time in fellowship with other believers who encourage and push us to be better.  Time resting and being thankful for all of creation.  Time not staring at the white walls and the mounds of projects we have yet to begin.  Sometimes it's nice breaking out of your usual space to experience something different.  

I'm going into this week feeling a little tired, battling a residual headache from my fall, but I'm also feeling optimistic and refreshed.  Though I have midterms and homework galore and a lot going on at work this week, there's hope ahead for Book Club, Spring Break, and down time with Scott again in just a few weeks.  And in the meantime, there's early morning coffee and reading from Scripture, and there's late night tea and fuzzy PJs. 





Love,
C


Comments

Popular Posts