Currently

Reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn for book club! Loving this one so far.  I'm only a few chapters in but am already hooked.  I can't wait to report back to you on this one :) I'm also now reading/flipping through several bridal magazines, including Southern Weddings (a new favorite of mine).  I've been trying to read through the Gospels for the Easter season, but must confess that I have not been as dedicated to this as I would like to be.

Listening to country music! Any and all country music.  As soon as I start to feel a hint of spring in the air, I immediately switch over to listening to country music.  I have trouble listening to it in the fall and winter when it's cooler out, but warm weather calls for country music in my mind.  I'm hoping to go to some concerts in Raleigh this year with some friends who have purchased the Megaticket! I can't quite bring myself to buy one myself but hope to join them for a few of those concerts.

Eating my own home cooked food FINALLY.  My week of engagement and the beginning of the following week were filled with meals out with family, friends, and the fiancé.  I was so happy to be able to cook my own meal last night and take control over what I put into my body again (not that this didn't happen when I went out-- I did choose healthy options when I could.  But I also splurged on a burger and fries, more dessert than I usually eat, and a soda).  Last night I made turkey tacos (healthier substitute for ground beef, and I also used Greek yogurt as a topping instead of sour cream) with black beans as a side.  I also made my favorite salad: mixed spring greens, Craisins, walnuts, goat cheese, topped with strawberry balsamic vinegar.

Feeling a sense of anticipation and excitement.  I'm excited for all of the planning, preparation (as far as reading and pre-marriage counseling goes), crafting (I'm a low-budget girl with an eye for a good deal.  Of course I'm crafting and DIY-ing it up for my own wedding :)  It wouldn't be me if it was a formal, expensive affair), and all that is to come with the next year.

Watching not much, actually! I can't tell you how many shows I'm behind on these days.  I've been entirely too busy for tv the past few weeks!  However, I am watching One Tree Hill (the pilot episode) as I write this right now.  I used to LOVE this show.

Running for my half marathon training.  Up to 8 miles so far!  Y'all. I am a blessed girl.  I've been worried for weeks that I wouldn't be able to get off of work for my half marathon in Indianapolis/Scott's birthday in May.  Not only did I get the weekend off, but I was given the entire 7 days off that I requested.  AND to top it off, one of my dear friends is driving from NC to KY the day I was going to leave, so she is going to scoop me up on her way out to the midwest to ride with her.  She only lives about an hour and a half from Scott so I'll catch a bus or meet him halfway to get to Indy.  Such a huge blessing, I only have to buy a one way plane ticket and I get to catch up with Lindsay on our long car ride :)

Wanting to get some decent sleep this week during my string of nights.  I'm finding that nights are more challenging than they were when I first started.  Thankfully, after a week of vacation, I'm feeling refreshed and open-minded about work this week.  Let's hope it's a good one!

Needing as per usual, more time in prayer and in Scripture learning from Jesus.  I feel like I've been very self-centered the past couple of weeks with being caught up in engaged life, but what I need to remember is this: "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." -James 1:17.  I'm so thankful for so much right now, but I need to remember to give thanks to God instead of just reveling in my joy on my own.  

Writing a few blog posts here and there, but the book is moving slowly.  I've been busy editing things for Scott for a scholarship and doing things here and there that keep me from writing the book.  Maybe this summer?

Planning our wedding for April 2014 :) I have a venue, pastor, dress, photographer, (fabric) florist, flower girl, and a working guest list.  This is going to be a whole year long process but I'm trying not to let things stress me out.  I was all worried about colors this week and kept thinking about how silly I felt being stressed over wedding colors.  At the end of the day, I just want to marry the man I love and share a beautiful journey together.

Wearing a mixture of spring and winter clothes.  It's technically spring, but the weather in NC doesn't know that yet.  Today is a high of 41. What? I thought one of the perks of living in the South was the warm weather? March is that weird time of year when you could be wearing running shorts and a t-shirt mid-afternoon yet need a winter coat at night.

Anticipating so many things.  Summer, beach trips home, our half marathon, visits to Indiana, the marriages/weddings of SIX friends this year (so much love in the air!), my brother's graduation, grilling on our back porch, and sweet tea.

Enjoying this season of life and the opportunity to experience deep relationships with friends, family, and God.  I've learned this year just how important it is for me to nurture my relationships with people, and this is becoming ever more evident to me as I consider my future marriage and upcoming move to Indiana that comes with that.

Loving the beauty of creation.  My runs are my chance to see the beauty that God has created.  I bask in the gorgeous views, pretty sunsets, and natural scenery and greenery around me.  Here's a photo I snapped on my beach run at Kure Beach a couple of weekends ago for Katie's bachelorette weekend.  This was my 8 miler and it was such a beautiful place to do that run in.


And this one below is a photo I took of the sunset at the beach on the night Scott & I got engaged.  We were supposed to be watching the sunset after all... even if a proposal distracted us from that a bit :)


Grace & peace,
Cristina. 


Comments

  1. Beautiful Cristina! Thanks for posting. so happy for you. <3 Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts