5.02

I am simply elated right now. Tonight Scott and I made it 5.02 miles. That's our biggest milestone since our 5k mark at the beginning. I couldn't believe how easy it was to run 5 miles today. I feel like we are getting closer and closer to the finish line every day and I am constantly encouraged to continue forward by the people around me.

I told Scott while we were running tonight that two months ago, I never would have believed it if someone told me I was going to be able to run 5 miles in just a few short weeks (and not only run it, but actually enjoy it and look forward to the next time!). This next week is going to be a little harder just because Scott won't be able to train with me, but I have faith that it will still be possible to finish. I think the hardest day will be my long run, especially since I have a friend visiting me this weekend when I'm supposed to be doing my run... but God is my rock and I know that in Him I can do anything.

18 weeks and counting! See you at the finish :)
C

Comments

Popular Posts