2.5 + 1.0 = 3.5?

So this post is regarding my run/walk on Friday. I decided to go on a morning run in Wilmington while home for my sister's graduation. I have never done a morning run before (or at least, not in my training for this half marathon), but I thought as long as I went early it would be fine. I woke up at 6:50 and quickly got dressed to run. I went at the same pace I always do, but with the sun already out, I quickly found myself exhausted and unable to continue running. I made it 2.5 miles running and had to walk the remaining 1 mile, but I'm hoping that this week I'll still be able to up my mileage to 4 miles.

For some reason I thought running in Wilmington would be easier since it's flatter than CH, but I think returning to running at night will be helpful. Some day I must get used to running in daylight, as that is what I will be doing the day of the race, but for now I remain convinced that running at night is good for the soul :) Also, in November, it will be MUCH cooler out than right now, so maybe running in the morning will be easier!

Until then, I continue to rely on the strength of the One who gave it all in selfless love.

See you at the finish.
C

Comments

Popular Posts