2.6

Today began the official training for my half marathon in November. I have a few confessions to make before I embark on this journey. I have never in my life been a runner. I have never in my life enjoyed running, nor have I been able to understand those who do. Running has ALWAYS been something that I've dreaded and avoided at all costs.

All of this changed at the end of this past semester when I started having odd cravings to be outside and to be running. I don't understand why I was suddenly so attracted to something I used to loathe so deeply, but I am so thankful that God put the desire in my heart to begin. To me, this half marathon is a faith journey. As someone who has lived with asthma for 20 years, it's always been a struggle for me to perform any sort of exercise at all other than on the elliptical at the gym. My past few weeks of running have been a struggle as I have tried to overcome my asthma symptoms that flare up during runs.

Joshua 1:9 says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Through Him all things are possible, and I know that this half-marathon is more thank possible if my faith is in the Lord.

See you at the finish.
24 Weeks to go!

Comments

Popular Posts