Currently

Reading The Light Between Oceans, by M.L. Stedman.  I'm loving this book so far and have finally gotten into it to the point where I don't want to put it down! I love getting to that point in a book. I've also been flipping through some magazines this week, including Southern Weddings, Fitness, and Self. I love a good magazine to read before bed sometimes. Also, in my Bible, reading through Exodus.

Listening to Josh Garrels.  I'm excited go be going to his concert in Garner on Thursday with some lovely ladies from my days at UNC.  He sings one of my all-time favorite songs, "Ulysses."  It's so beautiful. Listen to it if you get a chance

Eating not super healthy items.  Tomorrow is a new day though.  I made a delicious treat this morning that I'm not even a little bit sorry about... strawberry & Nutella crepes. Oh, yum. I'm hoping to make my Panera/CPK knock-off salad again this week! It's the only salad I think I will ever crave in my whole life.

Watching several shows, including The Biggest Loser, The Bachelor, and Downton Abbey. I watch more tv now than I ever have in my life.  It's a little sad, I suppose.

Running around my neighborhood and missing the Bolin Creek trail.  Especially on days like we had yesterday.  I wore a short sleeve shirt to go for my 3 miler and found myself missing the beautiful Bolin Creek trail in Chapel Hill.  Running update from my post, the Running Chronicles: I never did my 7 miler.  Weather permitting, tomorrow will be that day.

Writing my book, currently titled Until (though this may change). Yesterday I spent an afternoon at Barnes and Noble editing Scott's essays for a scholarship he's applying for (I really can't wait until the day I can tell you more about this scholarship... but until he hears more I'm going to just leave it at that), and afterwards, I flipped through some magazines, downed a cup of coffee, and opened up my manuscript again to continue writing.  I have a 6 page introduction now that I'm feeling mostly finished with.  I'm still majorly in a research stage for my book.  I'm searching for Bible verses, praying for the right words to say, and also looking at other books in the same genre as mine to learn more about how to organize it and how the chapters should look.

Feeling more optimistic than I did a few days ago.  The ugly happenings of last week are over, a new week will be ushered in by a Sunday tomorrow, and I am ready to pick up the pieces and start working on this puzzle of a life again.

Waiting for my opportunity to see Scott in three short weeks.  Forgive me if I tire you by talking about it too much, but it's hard living 650 miles away from your best friend and having to go 4 months at a time without being in the same state.  Oh, how excited I am to see him.  I just want simple things.  I want to hold his hand, give him a really long hug, smell his hair, and do normal day-to-day things together like go grocery shopping and stop by the gas station.  It seems silly, but I value doing those seemingly mundane things with him.  It's those things that make me excited about sharing a life with him someday.  Real love isn't about ABC-sponsored, Bachelor-style dates.  It's made up of the small moments and experiences you share together.

From our Skype "study session." Helping him study for boards.


Missing summer, though it's so close now I can almost taste the salty ocean air and smell the Ocean Potion sunscreen on my skin.  I'm praying that Scott will be able to come home at some point this summer, though we're just not sure yet how things will work out.  I'm particularly hoping for the annual Myrtle Beach trip to take place that I so love every year.

My favorite R&R: Myrtle Beach with the Davis clan.


Wearing OPI's "From A to Zurich" nail polish (first time I've worn anything with color in a while.  I've been sporting a clear polish for work for weeks now), cozy yoga pants, and lots of warm blankets at night.

Wanting to finish my taxes! I had a mini-crisis over them this past week when one of my deductions ended up causing me to owe money.  Thankfully, I found out I didn't have to include that deduction and I'm now back in TurboTax's "green" zone, meaning I will hopefully be getting some sort of refund this year.  Can't wait to put that sucker into savings!

Needing to spend more time with Jesus this week.  I was ashamed at church tonight when I found that the last time I had spent serious time in prayer was February 4th (compliments of my prayer journal).  I've prayed out loud a few times on my way into work (my 20-30 minute drive to work provides plenty of opportunity for this), and I pray throughout my day as different things occur, but I like to have a time each day for reflective, introspective prayer, which is what I do in my prayer journal.

Learning so much from work and feeling incredibly humbled each time I make a mistake that causes me to become more aware of something or that teaches me something important for my patients.

Enjoying snow days, hot tea, writing, reading, and editing.

Resting in God's infinite grace and endless peace. His love truly endures forever.

Grace & peace,
C.

Comments

Popular Posts