Slow Down

So I've hit a very interesting part of my training.. the part where I want to quit. Not because I don't like running or because it's hard, but because I have 0 energy at the end of each day at nursing school to come home and run 9 miles. I know that it's so silly and I really want to make it to the race, so I am praying that God will give me the physical and mental strength I need to finish what I started. It certainly will not be the end of the world if I do not get to run in this race, but it's been SUCH an incredible faith journey for me and I feel that to quit now would mean that I have no faith in myself or in the almighty Creator. It's no longer about if I believe in myself, but if I believe that God can carry me through the seemingly impossible tasks of life (to those who wonder: He not only can, but He will, faithfully).

I ask for prayers at this point in my training. I am discouraged beyond belief because I have not had the time to run, but I ask that you pray for God to give Scott and me the strength to finish strong, glorifying His Holy name every step of the way.

In Him,
C.

Comments

Popular Posts