0.0

Today I woke up fully anticipating another run of 2.6 miles. However, I noticed that I was already wheezing just from being up and walking around the room; I know my body better than to run while I'm already wheezing, so day 2 of training is going to have to go down as a "Rest" day.

Rest days, from what I can tell, are very important anyways for our bodies to re-energize and build up from the previous day's run.

Hopefully we'll see another 2.6 on Gimghoul Ln. tomorrow afternoon :)

Also, I should probably take just a minute to thank all of my wonderful friends who have been so encouraging already in this process. Two of my friends who run in marathons and half marathons have so graciously shared their training schedules with me, and many others have offered to train with me when they are in the Chapel Hill area. God has blessed me with beautiful friends who really spur me on towards the great love that He first showed us.

I also found out that one of my friends from home will actually be running in the half-marathon on November 7th with me. I am so excited about crossing that finish line with her, as I know it is a faith journey for both of us. I've noticed already that running connects people in such a unique way. My friend Diane calls it the "poor man's sport" because all you need is yourself, some running shoes, and motivation. No expensive equipment is involved, and no "teams" are really formed. Every runner I pass I consider to be my teammate, and I know that we're all together on an incredible journey, whether for recreation, to achieve a personal goal, or, as with myself and my friend Rebecca, simply to enjoy a journey of faith.

See you at the finish line!

Comments

Popular Posts